The Liebster Award

| On
Wednesday, December 05, 2012

So this morning I was reading a comment from my post 5 Random Things and was totally surprised when Tiffany @ The Momma Bear Diaries  nominated me for this award. I am a new blogger so I had never heard of it. Thank you so much it made my day :) If you are like me are new to the Liebster, it is awarded to new and upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is passed on to other bloggers in the same category to help spread their names around and support one another!

If you receive this award these simple rules must be followed...
  • The nominated blogger has to post 11 random facts about themselves
  • Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated them asked
  • Create 11 new questions for the those the blogger is nominated to answer
  • Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
  • No tag backs!
11 Random Facts about me:
  1. I really love food a lot...it is usually one of my main topics in conversation, my husband jokes that I plan my dinner before I have even eaten breakfast. 
  2. My favorite season is Fall. I love everything about it, the colors, the weather and PUMPKIN!
  3. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love decorating, eating all the delicious foods associated with Christmas, spending time with family and reminding other of the true reason for the season, Jesus' birth! Sometimes I wish it was Christmas all year long.
  4. My kitchen is always spotless before I go to sleep which leads me to number 5....
  5. I am sort of a neat freak. At first it drove my husband crazy but he has accepted it :)
  6. I have an adorable 80 pound blue nose pit bull named Ocean. Last year when my husband and I decided to get a dog we agreed on getting a 20-30 poundish non shedding inside dog....then we saw Ocean and fell in love. My husband has always wanted a pit bull and I am so glad we got him, we love him so much! 
  7. My food cannot touch! Mainly just sauces running and hot/cold items mixing. Sounds weird but it really freaks me out. My family laughs about it and as a joke a few Christmases ago my mom bought me a cafeteria tray which I used a couple of times :)
  8. It takes me FOREVER to make an online purchase. I'm not sure why, if I'm in my favorite store TARGET I swipe away but, there is something about the freedom of research online that delays the process. 
  9. My favorite colors are Tiffany blue, dark purple and orange. 
  10. I crave Mexican food 24-7! I have always loved Mexican food, now that I am pregnant it has become a staple in my diet. 
  11. Chipped nail polish irritates me! My mom used to do nails and I spent a lot of time (by choice, practically begging) watching her during her appointments. I have the BEST picture of myself painting my nails in my high chair with non-toxic polish. Needless to say my nails are usually in excellent condition. 
Ok here are are the questions Tiffany asked...


1. Why did you start blogging?

I have always enjoyed reading others blogs and I debated making one for a while and decided it was not for me, mainly because I didn't know what to write about. Then I decided to just go for it last week and I realized that there is so much to write about and so many great people to connect with!

2. What is your one thing that you do in life that is just for you?

Every week I set aside time to give myself a manicure, I pretty much always have my nails painted. I know that I could go somewhere to do it but as said in my random facts I did watch my mom for years and think that I do a pretty awesome job. Actually most people ask where I get my nails done. 



3. What is your all time favorite color?


Tiffany Blue!



4. How many kids do you want?


Two, maybe 3. We are still deciding.

5. If you have children, how did you come up with their names? If you don't have any but want some, do you have names in mind?

I don't have any children yet, but in March I will have a little boy :) We do have his name picked out but I am not ready to reveal it yet. I have something in mind so stay tuned....

6. What would you say is the one meal you have perfected over the years?

Enchiladas. They are quite time consuming but well worth it.

7. How did you meet your husband?

We met when we were kids and grew up down the street from one another. Our parents got together a lot, but we didn't get along very well. He is 4 years older than me and I annoyed him always interrupting what he was doing. It came as a surprise to our families when we started dating. We have been happily married for three years.



8. What is your favorite night time tv show?


Hmm this is a hard one because I have DVR and watch all my shows recorded. If I had to pick one I would say Sweet Genius on the Food Network. I love that show and how creative they are forced to be with some crazy ingredients.

9. How did you come up with your blog name?

It took me a little while to decided. I wanted my blog name to sum up what I would be writing about in 3 words, and since I don't have a main topic it is all Simply Inspired Me.



10. Where is your all time favorite place to shop?


I am going to give you one word, TARGET! It is my favorite store and I can literally spend hours in there. 


11. What is your favorite food?


Right now Mexican, but I don't discriminate, I love food!


And for my nominees.... 

Ashley @ Ashlea With An A
Angela @ Learn Live Hope
Kristin @ The Simple Things
Amanda @ The Mayor's Wife
Cindi @ Hello Cindi

My questions for you ladies:

  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
  3. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
  4. What is your favorite day of the week?
  5. What is your dream vacation?
  6. Think back to high school....is this what you imagined your life would be like?
  7. What is your favorite movie?
  8. Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
  9. What is your favorite candy?
  10. What is your guilty pleasure?
  11. What is your love story?
I look forward to reading your answers!!!


10 comments on "The Liebster Award"
  1. Now, I get it!! Good thing I read your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a neat freak too! And i have a red nose pit named Piggy. aren't they the best dogs?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES by far. He is currently inside but we are planning to transition him outside. He LOVES being out there and never wants to come back in, plus he is getting really big and our home is not going accommodate him and our baby. Is your dog inside or outside? I'm having a hard time with this, but it is what is best for us.

      Delete
  3. I get it now! Thank you for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination! Once I get some time this weekend to sit down and do this I will! I want to it now...but I am about to start getting ready for our Army ball which is tonight! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Enjoy the ball, I look forward to reading your response.

      Delete
  5. Yaaaaaaaaay I have just written my post! What a great way to get to know other bloggers!


    http://dreamingwishingdoing.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature