Preschool Moments

| On
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Working with preschoolers is seriously the most fun job I have ever had! These kids make me laugh hysterically nearly everyday. I told the kids in September that I was pregnant but many of them didn't get it. Now that they can see my growing belly they love to talk about it and try to see if they can feel him moving. They all want to get kicked by him. 

Here are just a few things they have said so far in regards to my pregnancy.....
  • How is that baby going to get out of there?
  • How does your baby eat in your belly?
  • One student walked up to my belly and said "boo", he then wanted to know if the baby got scared
  • "When my mom went to the hospital to have my baby brother her ankles were swallowed"- he meant swollen
Today I got sad because I will be going on a 2 year (maybe longer if we decide to extend our family within that time) maternity leave in February. I am really going to miss these kids a lot. I am going miss seeing their smiling faces, listening to their awesome sense of humor and their genuine love for their teachers.
10 comments on "Preschool Moments"
  1. You are going to be a great mama. Very few people have the patience for watching or teaching children at that age. I love how straight forward and honest kids are at that age. I guarantee you'll run into the ones you've spent time with as they grow and they'll remember you. My son remembers his teacher from preschool and her TA and still says hi to her. :)

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jean, you are very sweet :) That is awesome to hear that your son remembers his teachers from preschool! I hope that you have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  2. I swear children say the darnedest things!!! I love how the boy said his moms ankles were swallowed, hahaha! That literally made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is seriously the funniest kid in my class. A few weeks ago he told me that his listening ears were broken and thats why he was having a hard time following directions that day.

      Delete
  3. love these. swallowed ankles was my favorite. towards the end it sure does feel like your legs swallowed your ankles!
    enjoy every minute of your maternity leave with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to being on maternity leave, as much as I truly love my job I look forward to nesting :)

      Delete
  4. I never worked with preschoolers, per se, but I did volunteer in a Montessori preschool once a week, back when I was pregnant! I heard some pretty hilarious things ... Thanks for bringing those memories back around.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. Yes these kids are quite hilarious :)

      Delete
  5. ha, that last one literally made me laugh aloud! gotta love the innocence of kids. glad to be following along your blog now! and thanks so much for following mine. looking forward to getting to know you more :)

    morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan, that is one of the many reasons I love working with kids. They truly are so innocent. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature