Pollo Fricassee My Way

| On
Thursday, December 13, 2012
So I have mentioned before that I LOVE to cook, the only problem is that more often then not, I forget to plan ahead. Defrosting meat the night before would be the smart thing to do and actually glancing over the recipe I'm going to make would be brilliant so that I can pick up any missing ingredients. I am no chef,  (my husband may say otherwise) but, I have mastered how to make the ingredients I have on hand work!

Tonight I was craving Pollo Fricassee (my husband loves it when I crave/cook Puerto Rican food) and surprise surprise I was out of a couple of things. I have not made it to the grocery store this week since I have been really busy. Even though I was missing a few things I must say it came out delicious and satisfied my craving! 

FYI I am the worst about measuring things, I usually just eyeball it but I am going to make it a point to write down exact measurements from now on. 



12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp olive oil
3 tsp sofrito*
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 pkgs Sazon Goya Con Azafran
1 tbsp alcaparrado (green olives stuffed with Pimentos) 
salt/pepper to taste

*Sofrito- pureed cilantro, green bell pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil ( I make this ahead of time in a big batch and freeze it in ice cube trays. It is a staple in Puerto Rican cooking)

**I use Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base 

1. Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken for a few minutes or until all the pink is gone. Remove chicken from the pan.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and add sofrito and tomato sauce to the pan, let it cook for about a minute. Then add chicken broth, bay leaves, oregano, sazon and olives. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook over medium for about 30 minutes. 
5. Serve with white rice

Linking up with:

4 comments on "Pollo Fricassee My Way"
  1. Love some good Puerto Rican food! This looks delicious and even better is that you made it with stuff you already had!

    I hope you are having a lovely week my dear and thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come back and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, I missed linking up this week but will for sure next Friday :)

      Delete
  2. that looks delicious!! would you like to come by my house and cook? haha. really, though, that does look great.

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature