Delicious and Easy Christmas Treat

| On
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Last weekend I was going to make this delicious Christmas Crunch recipe that found on Pinterest however, I got really busy and didn't. So today I was determined to make it....and I succeeded!!

I made a few changes to the recipe. I am not big on things being overly sweetened by candy melt so I increased the amount of popcorn, substituted the M & M's for milk chocolate chips and used sourdough pretzels because they are really salty and wanted to make a noticeable salty/sweet contrast. It was a hit so I edited the recipe :)




Christmas Crunch

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup popping popcorn kernels, or 2 bags tender white popcorn
1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts (such as Wilton Candy Melts)
1 1/3 cups broken sour dough pretzel pieces 
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Red, green and white Sprinkles (I used Jingle Mix Nonpareils)

Directions:
1. Pop the popcorn using an air popper into a bowl (or in the microwave if using microwave popcorn)
2.Toss in broken pretzel pieces and chocolate chips.
3. Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals. Stir in between each interval until melted and smooth.  
4. Pour half of melted chips over the popcorn mixture and toss gently with your hands. (using a rubber spatula casued a big mess) 
5. Drizzle the remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and toss again until evenly coated. Don't over mix or the sprinkles won't stick.  
6. Pour the mix onto a single layer of wax paper and coat evenly with as many sprinkles as you would like before vanilla chips set.  
7. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container. 

***I filled 10 treat bags 3/4 full 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature