Last Minute Halloween Decor

| On
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Halloween is not my favorite, never has been probably never will be. Christmas on the other hand, I'm pretty anxious to get into my decoration boxes, that topic is for another day or month haha. Earlier this week I went to the what I like to call the trifecta of craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo-Ann's) bonus they are all super close to one another. Every store had Halloween items on clearance the best sale was in Jo-Ann's at 70% off. So I did what any non-loving Halloween person would do, I loaded up my cart and took it as a clear sign to get festive!

I found the most adorable Halloween banner letters for $3 and some fun paper to compliment and made a banner that says boo. Then I found some sparkly crows stick on crows for $2. Our matel looks pretty festive and M loves his Mickey pumpkin, which is a craft pumpkin $3 and and the Mickey kit is from Target. The large (craft) pumpkin was $8. The lantern is from Costco got it on sale for $7.50


I cannot carve pumpkins very well, I usually cut the wrong thing and end up with a gaping hole and have to use pins to keep my pumpkin together. So when I saw Kristi's post about decorating craft pumpkins I made it my mission to do just that!



I got 3 paper mache pumpkins for $15 (guys they were $11.99 each pre sale), I used up the last of my favorite craft paper from my wedding, as well as some leftover lace ribbon. I'm not going to lie and say that this was quick or easy to create. It is messy and time consuming but the end result is so worth it! I followed her instructions by paining sections of the pumpkin in Mod Podge then applying strips of paper followed by another coat of Mod Podge. Now here is where it gets messy, use gloves if you have any, smooth out the paper with your hands. It took me about 2.5 hours to make 3 pumpkins. They aren't perfect as you can see but I love them! I am planning on keeping them up through Thanksgiving since they match the decor in that room and switch out the Halloween banner for a Thanksgiving one.


Lastly M and I worked on our chalkboard and our house has a tiny sprinkle of Halloween for around $40. Nothing is perfect but much fun was had crafting! You should check out the craft stores in your area for there Halloween sales, you never know what you will find!
4 comments on "Last Minute Halloween Decor"
  1. That's some pretty awesome last min. halloween decor!! I'm with you on not loving Halloween, I hardly decorate because I want to save my money (and energy) for Christmas decor!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm right there with you with the Christmas decorations! I bought Christmas decor at Hobby Lobby in October, no shame haha.

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature