Blogtober 14 | 10 Things I'd Tell Myself When I First Started Blogging |

| On
Monday, October 06, 2014

First off, it took me a really long time to make a blog. I wanted to make one for years and was really nervous then one night I figured out a name (which has changed) and I just went for it. I had no idea what I was doing, I am by no means an expert but I have learned a bit in my (almost) 2 years blogging.

| One | It doesn't matter if no one is reading your blog. Don't focus on page views or how many followers you have it will drive you crazy.

| Two | Not everyone is going to like your content. You may loose followers and that's ok, no need to feel bad.

| Three | Be honest. People want to relate to YOU, share the good and the bad moments.

| Four | Social media matters. I didn't start using Instagram for my blog until a couple of months ago, I wish I would have sooner!

| Five | Blogging is time consuming. Plan ahead, set aside time to sit down and write.

| Six | Sponsor a blog or swap buttons. You have to get your name out there.

| Seven | Join link-ups. I have met so many of my blogging friends through link-ups!

| Eight | Pictures/Graphics make your posts more appealing. Sure a nice camera is ideal but there isn't always time to get it out. If you are using your phone take good pictures. Make sure they are in focus, get creative with the composition take advantage of editing apps.

| Nine | Read and comment on other blogs. You will make relationships with other bloggers that can turn into friendships.

| Ten | No need to post if you have nothing to say. It is better to think a post through then to just post for the sake of posting. I've taken my fair share of breaks blogging!

Helene in Between Blogtober

What do you wish you would have told yourself when you first started blogging?

8 comments on "Blogtober 14 | 10 Things I'd Tell Myself When I First Started Blogging |"
  1. This post couldn't be more true! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and oh so very true! Blogging takes a ton of time - I had no idea it would take so much time until I dove into it. Also, I'm going to grab your button for my sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list and I think you touched on a lot of great points. Some of the most important for me is the whole sense of community, which is essentially relationship building. Definitely a two-way street! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I still need to remind myself about some of these :)
    Found you via the Bloggers Digest <3
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chelsea :) I am working on time management with blogging. Some days I am on track then I will go days or weeks without posting. I'll grab your button as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ann. Community is so important, I never would have thought I would have online friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) It was a great reminder for me too, I haven't been blogging for long.

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature