I'm back!

| On
Thursday, June 13, 2013
So I've been on a 2 month hiatus enjoying every second of being a new mommy!! It is seriously the best full time job I've ever had. Sure there have been some bumps in the road and in the beginning sleep was like an uphil battle, but I have learned so much in this short 12 weeks of being a mom.

I can remember coming home from the hospital with nervous excitement and tears of pure joy streaming down my face like it was yesterday. The moment we waited 40.5 weeks for, through 21 hours of labor and 2 nights in the hospital had finally arrived, this happy couple just formed a trio with the most handsome baby boy. Being in the hospital was surreal, there were so many nurses coming in and out checking me, checking little man, so many tests and forms that being parents didn't quite sink in yet.

It wasn't until that drive home that it felt so real. I hobbled in the house well medicated from the war my lower half just went through while my husband brought our baby inside...and the first learning moment already occurred. My sweetie didn't bring our sleeping baby in with the infant car seat, just him. So baby was up, fatherhood was just as new to him as motherhood was to me...he has since made the change and little man has got the most out of every sleeping opportunity!

We spent the first few days maybe even the first week or two sleeping in shifts. Little man screamed every time we put him in the co-sleeper, then one night he was ok and we both got to sleep for a few hours. We used to be night owls but the second baby went to sleep so did we. I'm not sure what week we all slept through the night, it was blissful and it didn't occur again until just last week. While those nights are rare he sleeps soundlyy next me. Fast forward to today, baby goes down around 9 and usually wakes up twice to eat and goes right back to bed. I take each night for what it is I was trying a nighttime routine but he wasn't having it yet...I can dedicate a whole post on sleep I think I just might!

I have chosen to breast feed and in the beginning it is rough I knew it would be. Latching was painful and he was hungry all the time. I remember nursing in tears at times but was determined to stick it out. At around week three the pain went away and we both got the hang of it. So glad I didn't give up, I love it and the amazing bond we have formed!

I'm not going to back track on all the moments prior to now, instead I will reflect on them in future posts. I am trying to make time to post as it is :)

Thank you all for you sweet comments welcoming me into motherhood. A few of you commented on posting photos. My husband and I think our son is the cutest thing in the world, but don't feel comfortable sharing his precious face with the world. It has been something I've gone back and forth with for weeks about and to be honest is one of the reasons it's taken me so long to post. I love reading my favorite blogs and seeing their posts come to life with pictures. Ultimately I have to do what I feel comfortable with. With that being said I won't actually show his face in any photos I post. Photos shouldn't stand in the way of me doing what I enjoy, blogging :)

Thanks for reading :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature