Making Your Own Font

| On
Monday, June 24, 2013
Yesterday I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed home from Church :( I hate missing Church! Something new I realized is that Mommy's don't get sicks days...wow I wonder how my Grandmother did it with 7 kids!! Ok moving right along...

I naturally went on my favorite site Pinterest and stumbled upon a pin & blog that changed my life. Ok not really but it certainly changed the next hour or so while my son napped in my arms!! Elsie @ A Beautiful Mess wrote this post about how to make a font using her own handwriting using the iPad app iFontMaker (it is $6.99 in case your wondering).





I love downloading fonts and looked into making my own but it was waaay to complicated and required purchasing a new expensive computer program and gadgets. So this app made my morning!

I had a bunch of iTunes money from Christmas so I paid $.0.00!!! There is no tutorial when you launch the app but its really easy to navigate. There are quite a few font to use as a guide but you can make whatever you want and just use the preloaded fonts as a guide for height and width. Elsie suggested using a Bamboo Stylus for iPad, I don't have one yet (it's on my birthday list!!) so I used a cheap one that came with my case. It took me about it 20-30 minutes to make my first font and it actually came out nice! I immediately built my font and downloaded it to my computer.

I showed my husband when he came home from work and he made one too! I had so much fun I just thought I would share, you might have fun too :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature