Roller Coasters

| On
Saturday, January 26, 2013
I am a fan of roller coasters, I love the thrill of going fast, laughing and feeling a little freaked out all at the same time. I don't like ones that just drop you, they are a bit too extreme for me. My absolute favorite roller roaster, well maybe it can be classified as a ride, is Space Mountain at Disneyland. I love that the whole ride is dark so you have no clue where your going and it's super fast! Now I am not a fan of boarding my own roller coaster...

This has been an interesting week for me.....I have felt like I have been on an emotional roller coaster! I'm sure it's just the pregnancy hormones but OMG, I was not aware that one could be happy, sad then just plain mad in a matter of minutes! I did not like feeling in control of my emotions, I can put on a happy face to hide it to those who don't know me so well but for those who do can tell right away that I am not myself. I consider myself an emotional person, I cannot hide how I am feeling. I always have a smile on my face and have something positive to say. Why you may ask? The answer is quite simple, Jesus :) I have absolutely no reason to be down in life living with the creator of LIFE in me. AND I am head-over-heels in love with my amazing husband, I have a lot to smile about! So when I am not smiling people who know me are asking what's wrong....Now I want to clarify that I was not a crazy lady and crying uncontrollably or yelling and screaming at people.  It was more of an internal emotional roller coaster, one that I tried my best to only let my husband be aware of.

So last night I went to bed at around 11 and slept for 11.5 hours, it was a broken 11.5 hours due to my frequent bathroom visits and moving baby boy, I feel AMAZING right now! I have so much energy my body feels so well rested and I don't even care that I woke up just an hour before noon. I'm guessing I was also a little sleep deprived, which makes total sense to me now because I had a really rough sleeping week as well.

Today I have realized that I have not taken enough time for myself over the past few weeks. I have spread myself way to thin doing far too many things and left myself out! I have a heart to help others and I will always be this way, but it is really hard to help others if you have neglected yourself. So today, well really for the next 4 maybe 4.5 hours (it's my mother in laws birthday tonight and I am excited to celebrate with her) I am taking time for me. I'm not sure what I am going to do...I have not read in a while which I love to do, my nails need to be painted (I have not neglected my nails, I have blogged about how chipped nails are my pet peeve) and I have a bunch of shows to watch on DVR. Writing this post was a great start to my me time :) I do not want a ticket on my own roller coaster again this week!

When is the last time you took time for yourself?




Today I am linking up with Morgan for Saturday Morning Coffee

4 comments on "Roller Coasters"
  1. Hry! I am stopping by from the blog hop today and I am your newest follower. To answer your question... it has been too long since I took time for myself. If you get a chance stop by and check out my blog. I have a great giveaway up for grabs..feel free to enter! Have a great day!

    Southern Beauty Guide
    Southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have all been there with the emotional roller coaster. And we as women have this habit of not taking care of ourselves so yay for you getting a chance to. When my husband was wounded overseas I spent a good 9 months straight putting all my focus into him..which was needed but at the end of it I definitely felt the results of it and ever since I have been better at taking me time every so often (though I still think I need to do it a tid bit more often ha). I hope this next week is much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela taking time for yourself is so important. So true that we as women don't do this enough! You seriously rock for being a military wife. I could not even fathom how challenging that must be at times. You so deserve some "me" time too :)

      Delete
  3. I took some time this past Sunday and read a good book I'm into right now. then took a well needed nap. Find some time for you and just enjoy it. You'll need those moments...especially when baby arrives!

    You've been nominated for a Liebster award, so celebrate!

    http://m00ngl0w.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-1st-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature