This is One Happy Girl

| On
Saturday, February 09, 2013
I have been MIA for the past two weeks...life has been a little hectic around here.....Two weeks ago construction started in my home! We are converting our garage into a family room. Now you may be thinking so soon to your due date right? Well, this whole process started in August but it takes a llllooooonnnngggg time to get permits, I'm talking nearly 6 months!!! The day we got the permits construction began. Thankfully the conversion is not too challenging and won't take more than a couple more weeks. 

The beginning
I am a bit of a neat freak so needless to say the messes are not my favorite. And the creepy crawlers that just appear out of nowhere freak me out! Yes that is real and it was outside my house THANKFULLY!




A couple of days into construction my super amazing and wonderful husband surprised me and said that we are renovating my kitchen too. When we bought our home a year ago I said that I wanted to make changes. We have new appliances that came with the home but the kitchen had not been renovated since the 70's I'm guessing. We made it a little better by changing the floors and a temporary fix for the backsplash...I saw on Rachael Ray's morning show to use linoleum tiles as a backsplash and that we did. It cost us $20 and a couple of hours and made a HUGE difference. 

Kitchen when we bought it

Minor Updates
As for our kitchen reno plans we have knocked down a wall, sanded and painted the cabinets, got a new backsplash and countertop. I am so excited so see it all done....

In progress....

It is completely sealed off so I am not breathing in anything and our house doesn't get super dusty. Hopefully tomorrow the kitchen will be done, there was a small set back...my cook top got broken in the demo process. The new one won't be in till Monday and then it should all be done :) 

This coming week is a bittersweet one for me...I am so excited to be on maternity leave and start my life as a SAHM, but on the other hand I am pretty sad to say goodbye to my coworkers and students on Thursday.  I'm sure there will be tears! Then it's time to finish my baby boy's room with my free time oh yes and rest too!!!

Have a wonderful weekend :) 




Today I am linking up with:

1 comment on "This is One Happy Girl "
  1. Wow! Looks like you have a lot going on! We tackled some home improvement projects toward the end of my third pregnancy. Unfortunately, I ended up on bed rest...some of the room still aren't done, and it's been nearly five years! Glad to have you on the hop this morning!

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature