Chapter 3: Baby!

| On
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Today I am linking up with Becky for Women Connect for the second time. Last year this was the very first link up I had ever done, and it was my second blog entry. I was pretty excited to read that she was hosting this again. I really enjoyed reading so many other women's stories the first time around.

Usually on Sunday I spend time relaxing after I come home from Church. Then around 7ish I start to get this dreadful feeling that the weekend is over and I am going back to work tomorrow. I have blogged before about how much I love my job and I do, I promise! I just don't enjoy waking up in the morning, more so now than ever! Today I am free of that feeling because I'm not going to work tomorrow. Yes it is a holiday but that's not why! I won't be going back Tuesday, or the next day, or the one after that, or next week, or next month, or in a couple, not in a year, NOPE I am off until I'm ready to go back.

Thursday was my last day of work and let me tell you it was hard to say goodbye. I am going to miss seeing my lovely coworkers faces everyday. And the kids, oh boy did they make me cry! Some of them did not understand that they were giving me a goodbye hug not just their daily hug. After a tearful hug session with the kids and my coworkers I made it out, took a deep breath and smiled because I am going to start the the most exciting job of my life. A job that not every mom has the opportunity to do, nor does every mom want to. I am going to be a stay at home mom. And my new coworker, my husband, well he is pretty amazing. He is going to be a great father!

I overwhelmed with JOY right now. I am looking forward to being a stay at home mom. I have an idea in my head what my life will be like but I'm not really too sure exactly what will happen. I have heard that it is the most rewarding experience and that is the hardest/best job you will every have. I was a teacher to toddler age children so I have an idea what I am in for a little later in life but not what the first few months are going to be like. Will I sleep? I have heard mixed things about sleep. Some say it depends on your baby, some say NOPE. I guess I will find out Will I get dressed daily? Yes! I will make it a point to get dressed in regular clothes everyday. Even if that means some days a pair of yoga pants and a shirt. I will comb my hair too! My normal get ready routine takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. I will find time daily to get ready. I am not sure what I expect but I am ready to figure it out.

I haven't quite decided how to incorporate my little man into this blog. He will definitely be a part of it, I'm just not sure how much detail. It is something I really have to think about and take my husbands opinion into consideration. Will I use his name? I'm not sure, if not he will have a really cool nickname. Will I post pictures? I think so. Will I write about him? Well yes of course!

A little fact you may not know about me is that I am/was a little paranoid about my life being on the internet. It is the main reason why I didn't blog in the first place. I debate how much of my life to share and what pictures to share. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way right?

I am realizing that chapter 3 is not just about baby, but discovering a whole new me as well!





5 comments on "Chapter 3: Baby! "
  1. Hi there! New reader from the linkup. I am 100% with you on sharing too much on the internet. I live in a small community where everyone knows everything as is...so me putting my life into a blog makes them know even more. I often wonder if when we have a baby i will make it private. Mayne for juat close friends and family? Im not sure yet but yes i do think about it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww congrats! Let the fun of preping then playing with baby begin! I know how you feel about Sunday I get that feeling for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about life being on the internet. When I first found out I was pregnant my husband suggested I create a blog rather than just send out weekly bumpdates to my family, but I just felt weird about putting my life out there where anyone could find it. After our son was born I regretted my decision as I read so many cool blogs, so I decided to create a blog. Not sure about how to best protect my son with info on my blog!
    Liz
    www.arunningmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have reservations about putting our life out there on the Internet posting to much etc. I have just recently decided to watermark my photographs that way they are even more safe. I haven done it yet but I'm going too. I also have a setting pushed in blogger where people can't left click and take your photos for safety reasons. It appeases the hubs. He isn't to fond if the blog thing. He is getting more adapt to it now that he sees it helps me document our story and the trials and triumphs to overcome. Being a SAHM is the absolute best job but is also the hardest job you will ever love. You will get paid in hugs and kisses and someday a you will get your butt handed to you by a toddler but the good days out way the bad and I will tell you I absolutly love being a SAHM! It isn't for everyone but it surely fits me! I know you will love it. It will take a few for you to get your bearings with the whole thing but you will for sure find your routine and rock at it! Congrats and welcome to the SAHM club lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gone back and forth with those thoughts too! What I love about blogging is how you know that something that can feel like you are the only one just isn't true lots of moms/wives/women have those feelings too.

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature