The Thank You Note

| On
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
There are many reasons why I love what I do, but it's the unexpected thank you's from families that make me take a step back a realize the impact that I am making on their child's life be it good or bad. Kids are like sponges and what may seem so small to me or a routine task at work impacts a child's life in more ways than I truly know. It is only now that I am creeping up on motherhood that I can appreciate the role of a teacher from a parents point of view. I didn't realize the amount of trust that each parent has in their child's teacher to take care of them, to make sure that all their needs are met, to give them a hug when they are feeling sad, or to just listen to a story or how they are feeling. I cannot fathom leaving my son in the hands of another person for a few hours let alone the entire day. He is not even born yet and automatically I feel so protective and think absolutely not! Am I the only one?? Clearly he will be under mine or my husbands care 24/7 for the rest of his life, so I am going to have to get over myself :)

I won't question the mother that stands in the window for those extra few minutes to watch their child hang up their coat, the mother who calls every couple of hours to just check up on their child, or the mother who cries at their child's first assembly. I won't judge the mother who gets snippy with me because they feel that their child was mistreated by another child. I won't ruin the moment of the mother  who is trying to sneak up on their child playing to just watch them. I have heard people say "you will understand when you are a mother", I think of myself as nurturing, caring and loving to my students but there is something about having your own child that makes you see the world in a whole new light. I believed people when they said this but didn't realize that it would truly make this much sense to me until now!

This little note was so sweet and honestly made my day, in fact it made an impact on me. Sometimes I take for granted having the privilege of teaching another persons son or daughter. I may not make a ton of money being a preschool teacher, I certainly don't teach for the money I do it because I love it. It is a simple thank you that make my salary seem like so much more....



This one thank you note made such an impact on my life!




Todays link-up:

Newlywed Moments
3 comments on "The Thank You Note"
  1. how sweet and wonderful gesture! the note is so cute too. you must be doing an amazing job with those kiddos. teachers really do mean so much to a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah. I am going to miss them so much when I start maternity leave.

      Delete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature