It's Over!

| On
Sunday, January 06, 2013
It's over! That's right you read it, today is the last day of my Christmas vacation and that means back to work tomorrow. I am not going to lie I am so not looking forward to waking up in the morning!! Once I'm at work I know that those adorable smiling faces will remind me that it was so worth waking up to see them.

I was reflecting back on these last two weeks and feel so thankful becuase it was as if God stretched that time out to feel so much longer :) I did a lot! I spent very little time at home since most of that time I spent out with my husband. We went to the movies twice, shopped for our son multiple times, bought new phones, took maternity photos (which I can't wait to see), saw our son twice in 3D...amazing experience, and visited with family and friends. While at home we slept in and actually had breakfast together which honestly never happens due to our work schedules, watched the Batman trilogy, shopped online for more stuff, and got the furniture assembled in the nursery.

After coming home from Chutch today I decided that it was going to be a lazy day! It is gloomy and super cold outside so the perfect way to end this fantastic vacation was on the couch with my dog watching TV and pinning things on Pinterest. He was way more comfortable than me but he is really warm! 

King of the Couch
So I after lots of pinning I am craving fish so for dinner. On the menu for this evening is panko breaded tilapia with rosemary potatoes and broccoli. As I decided this I just so happened to look outside and saw this beauty....the first lemon from our tree!!!! I have been patiently waiting for a lemon since we bought the tree last year. I am so excited to use it tonight with dinner :)

FIRST LEMON!!!


Panko Breaded Tilapia 

(this is my made up go to recipe, I will double check the measurements tonight)

2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup flour + salt/pepper
3 pieces of tilapia

  1. In a ziplock combine the first 3 ingredients and set aside
  2. Dredge the fish into the flour 
  3. Dip into egg 
  4. Toss in bag
  5. Fry on medium using olive oil (I am not a fan of frying so I use very little oil and almost just brown them until my husband steps in and finishing the frying for me)

Bella's Rosemary Potatoes 

(http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bellas-rosemary-red-potatoes/)

credit

6 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Mix together melted butter and oil, then pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the potatoes into the dish, and stir until coated. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Stir the potatoes occasionally to ensure even cooking.

Speaking of dinner I should get started, I will update this post after I eat with pictures of the fish and the correct measurements :)




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature