Procrastination

| On
Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Later, later, later oh I'll so it LATER!

Procrastination and I are BFF's. On the other hand I am very organized and detail orientented. I'll have something all planned out ready to go but the execution of when it gets done is whole different story. Some people work better under pressure and I really think that I am right there. Some of my best work is done at the last minute. In college I was really bad, sometimes doing an essay the night before it was due in major panic mode. Now you see my personality is one that loves order which creates some serious stress under pressure. Ever try mixing oil and water? Yeah they don't mix.

Too often I find myself saying tomorrow and tomorrow comes and goes and that task is left incomplete AGAIN! It all ends up getting done in one day and I am a grumpy and irritated. Seriously who wants to be around a grumpy and irritated person? Not me. So for the past few days I have stopped putting off things until tomorrow. I set a timer for 30 minutes and get as much done as possible. I make lists and cross things off which is oh so gratifying. It helps that I have 4 hours of baby and husband free time where I can actually fold and put away laundry. You read that right. I am the worst at leaving clothes in baskets, folding clothes is time consuming and I don't have that kind of time while chasing a toddler.

I love not having that looming feeling of I NEED to get that done constantly. Makes me feel so much less stressed. Do you procrastinate?

**Tiny confession...it took me 4 days to finish this post. I'm clearly a work in progress :)
3 comments on "Procrastination"
  1. Ahaha...I love this and so relate to it on every level! Procrastination and I are BFFs too. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you!! I have a basket of laundry that has needed to be put away for a week now... it will probably only have three things left in it by the time get around to putting it away! Why are new habits so hard to form??

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a motivational post. i can relate to you on so many levels. i am such a frequent procastinator and it has brought me trouble most of the time

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature