I'm Not Rude, I Promise!

| On
Friday, June 06, 2014
Are you a no-reply blogger?

About a year ago when I started blogging I had no idea what that meant. I would comment on someones post and not get a reply back. I felt ignored and thought they were too busy to reply. Kinda sad right?

I found out why this was happening, I was a no reply blogger!

Pause. You may be asking what is the world is that? When you comment on a post the lovely blogger gets an email indicating you left a comment. The best way to get back in touch with you is to simply reply to that email. If your email is not properly linked up when reply is clicked it will display as
noreply-comment@blogger.com.

That means there is no way of writing back unless you go back to the original post and reply, thats a whole lotta going back to posts you've commented on waiting to see a reply.

In the past few weeks I have a reply email all ready to go when I see at the last minute there is no email linked but instead say noreply-comment@blogger.com. Makes me sad because I want to get back in touch with you!!

Wanna know how to fix this? It's really easy, no HTML coding or editing. And it can be done in two easy peasy steps!

Step 1: On your Blogger dashboard on the top right corner you will see your profile click the arrow.


Click on blogger profile.



Step 2: In the privacy section check the box that says show my email address and enter your email address. In the identity section enter the email address in which you want to be replied to at. It can be any email address you want. Make sure you hit save profile.


That's it! Problem solved. If you have any questions please let me know.

So I ask you again, are you a no reply blogger?
3 comments on "I'm Not Rude, I Promise!"
  1. YES YES and again YES!! I couldn't agree more! I am also so sad when someone is a no-reply commenter. And for some reason I never notice this until after I have sent my reply email. You would think I would check first but I don't for some reason!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to get to my Blogger Profile?? When I go to my Dashboard it shows my blogs but nothing where I can click "blogger profile"?

    If I click "notify me," isn't that my way of choosing to have the replies sent to my email? If I don't click "notify me," then I won't get replies, right?

    Thanks in advance for helping me ;) Tweet or email me if you can't reply to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how this works on wordpress? I have no idea if I'm a no-reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature