Easy Mod Podge Handprints

| On
Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Baby toes and hands are by far the cutest thing to me. Make me melt every time! You can view my other footprint crafts here and here. Whenever I see a hand (or foot) print craft I am all over it, especially the easy ones. For Mother's day I made these adorable modge podge handprints for my mom and mother in law and of course they melted just like me.

Father's day is just weeks away and this sentimental gifts will touch daddys heart too, did I mention it's easy yet? The hardest part of this was tracing and cutting out the handprints. Tracing well, need I explain why it is hard to trace a 14 month old hand? As for the cutting I have been known to not cut straight. Thanks to my very sweet patient husband who was willing to pause the NBA playoffs and cut out handprints for me.

Of course I found this on Pinterest, my inspiration was from Anna and has a picture tutorial if you need it!

Here's what you need:

5 x 7 canvas
Modge Podge
Foam brush
scrapbook paper of your choosing
scissors

The area I live in has the trifecta of craft stores (Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby) in walking distance from one another. Getting these items on sale was super easy! I think this cost me $15 to make 4. The most expensive item was the modge podge and I barely used any so I will be modge podging it up this year.

Here's what you do:

Carefully trace handprints onto white paper. Cut them out and trace those handprints on any paper of your choice.

Coat entire canvas with mode podge and place handprints where you want.

Generously apply modge podge over handprints and voila you are done! Allow 24 hours to dry, reapply second coat if needed.

I've never used modge lodge before so I wasn't sure what to expect, it goes on looking milky and dries clear.

I will be making these yearly and dedicate a wall to handprints and a fun way to watch M grow!



Let me know if you try this :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature