What Life is All About

| On
Thursday, January 23, 2014
This is what life is all about! Or at least my life.

What is that you ask? Being a Mom. My son. My pride and joy. My son.

Not the current events in the news. Not the award shows that are on TV. Not my house. Not the state of my house. Not my wish list of things. Not my things period! Not my phone. Not social media. Not even the much needed vacation. NOT ABOUT ME.

You see life is about these moments right here, right now being everything to M. Life is not all about me. [Now before you get all worked up "me" time is absolutely necessary and should not be neglected but not put before these precious moments. There is a time and a place for "me" time in my life! Ok now that we got that out of the way....]

I have the honor and privilege to stay at home with M, to mold and shape him into an amazing individual. I count it a true blessing to be able to stay home with him and not have to back to work. I would be lying if I told you staying home is easy and that I have all the time in the world to do whatever I want. That was house is spotless and that we have a home cooked meal nightly. Some days are hard, filled with tears [not just from baby] and make you want to curl up in a ball and hide. Most days are easy going and the above list is mostly true. Then there are the really easy days that make you think WOW this is awesome where have you been hiding. At the end of the day I reflect and look forward to doing it all over again the next day and the one after that.

Being a Mother is the most rewarding [I hesitate to use this word because it is by no means a "job" to me, but a joy!] "job" I have ever had. I have learned so much about myself as a person. About a love that I didn't know exists until having a child.  I have stretched and grown [literally and figuratively] and been shaped into the woman I am now. I knew that being a Mother was going to be amazing and that I would love it, but had no idea it was what my life was missing. The element that makes me feel complete now.

These moments at home with M are what my life is all about and this life currently is better than the one I imagined!
2 comments on "What Life is All About"
  1. Awwww, this is so sweet! And so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I was never a SAHM working nights sure made it feel like I was while I was home during the days and to say it was rewarding is an understatement. Having started working days this month made me appreciate being home the past year with my kids. I sure hope to be able to do it again with a third child. Not the night job part but working something out to be able to be home that first year again. Is the little things in life :)

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature