2014 Goals

| On
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
I'm a little late on sharing my goals, better late than never though. The past 9 months have been a whirlwind of changes for me. I used to power clean in a couple of hours and kept my home super organized. I totally thought that with being a stay at home mom I would be even that more organized. You know what I have to say to that HA-HA-HA! There is only so much I can do in a day and honestly my top priority is my little man so staying organized falls at the bottom of my list when I have extra time. I am slowly getting the hang of being a stay at home mom and managing my house.  When I wrote out my resolutions for the year I realized that there was a recurring theme and I am sure you can see where I am going....GET ORGANIZED oh and decorate, lots of decorating!

Except that is a really, really vague goal. I purchased this amazing planner.


I love the colors and the fact that I was able to customize it!


I am getting in the habit of writing things in one place instead of on a million different pieces of paper that end up getting lost or ignored. 

Oh yes and for my goals....

| one |
Create a cleaning schedule and actually stick to it! If I can accomplish one cleaning task a day instead of trying to cram it into one day that would be so much easier.

| two |
Meal plan. I was really good about meal planning for about a week and it made grocery shopping so much easier because I used everything I purchased and I didn't have to spend time scrambling to throw something together based on what meat could defrost the fastest.

| three |
Finish decorating. This really isn't an organizing goal but it truly needs to be done. I finally have the energy and inspiration to decorate again so bare walls be gone!

| four |
Rearrange closets and put things in containers and label them. I did this already with my baking stuff,  made such a difference and I can actually see what I have and when I need to buy more.

| five |
My ROOM! We have left our master bedroom last on our list and it is done taking the back burner. I want it to look amazing. We are going to get a headboard (or maybe DIY one) change up the decor a bit.

| six |
Finish the office/craft room which is our storage room at the moment, totally unnecessary things just need to be put away.

Every month I am going to make mini goals to go alongside each of these goals to help to accomplish all of them in 2014. So what are you goals this year?


2 comments on "2014 Goals"
  1. I love a good colorful planner...bonus points for being fresh and new! I think decorating and clean eating are my majors for my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on things being harder or rather not making it to the top if the list when we have small kiddos. When I worked nights I thought I had so much time yet nothing ever got done. Now working m-f is even worse yet somehow I manage to stay as organized as possible. Weird. Anyways. I found a great guide for a cleaning schedule on another blog. I'd love to share it if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature