Our Favorites: 0-6 Month

| On
Friday, September 06, 2013


Little man is two weeks away from turing 6 months, I don't even want to talk or think about that right now. I can feel tears welling up, how did this happen so fast?! Anyways on to the point of this post. The newborn phase flies by and your baby grows so fast! I took some {amazing} advice from my cousin and invested in longer lasting items and {tried} not to go overboard on infant things, I am so glad I listened!! Trust me it is pretty tempting to want to buy Babies R' Us and you think you need every accessory, baby gear and toy there is. Truth is you end up using very little in the beginning because when you find something that your baby loves it's like winning the lotto and you are set for a while.

Ergobaby Carrier: Baby wearing not only keeps your hands free but is a great way to bond with your baby. For the first few weeks I used the Moby Wrap but my little guy stopped like it. We switched over to the Ergo and haven't looked back since. He loves being in there. I am still "holding" him and able to get to so much done at the same time. He even catches a quick nap while in it :) The only thing I have yet to figure out is how to nurse effectively while using this, several failed attempts so I gave up. I know it can be done though. 

Flip Diapers: Love, love, love! You can read about cloth diapering here and here.

Infant-to-Toddler Rocker: My son hated the swing after 2 weeks. He screamed every time he went in so I decided to open and assemble this gem. Initially he was pretty unsure of it but over the past 3 months he has grown to love it. It has the option to vibrate and also has a stand so he won't rock. I usually put him in this while I eat breakfast in the morning and give him a toy and he is happy as can be. I am pretty excited that it can be used as he grows too!! 

Skip Hop Diaper Bag:  Going into motherhood I thought for sure I was going to want a fancy shmancy diaper bag, then I realized what a diaper bag goes through. This bag has literally been peed and pooped on, feel in the middle of the parking lot, got many things spilled on it and goes on the floor often. It is fashionable, durable, a pretty good size and straps onto my stroller quick and easy. 

Snap and Go Stroller: I got this as a hand-me-down and I was a little skeptical at first, I was convinced I needed the whole travel system. Nope! This stroller is lightweight and compact. The only downfall is that the carseat doesn't literally snap in, you have to strap it in. We are almost done using this stroller and I have a Chicco Liteway to use next. I also have a BOB Revolution but it's way too big and bulky to use on a daily basis. I must say though if you like to go on walk/jogs the BOB is amazing!  

Infant Optics Video Monitor: After reading and researching many video monitors I decided on this one. A video monitor is not necessary but it certainly gives me peace of mind being able to see my son while he is sleeping. It was very affordable and had great reviews. We are very pleased with this monitor! The picture is clear, it has an auto night vision feature, multiple cameras can be used with one monitor and its on a private channel. The own downfall is that the camera is stationary and it interferes with out wifi. However I think a lot of video monitors do that. 

Boppy Noggin Nest: At our sons two month dr app we were told that he had a flat spot. I freaked out and wanted to take care of it. I know that flat spots are caused from babies being on their back so much and he favored looking to one side. I ordered this noggin nest and use this in his car seat. I felt good about leaving him in the carseat if he took a nap while we were driving becuase it doesn't put pressure on any one place. 4 months later his flat spot is barely noticeable. Granted he can roll over, is a tummy sleeper now and hold his head up so he doesn't really spend much time on that spot anymore. 

Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets: These were only used to swaddle for maybe the first month. Now they are our go to blanket. They are light and breathable and little man loves them. In the car when he gets fussy we toss him one of these and he snuggles up with it and 80% of the time will fall asleep minutes after.

Infantino Activity Mat: The first thing that made me buy this was the colors and the safari animals on it. This mat has kept my son entertained for months, now that he can roll he loves munching on all the hanging toys and kicks the mobile all the time.

Sophie the Giraffe: Yes she is one expensive squeaky toy. WORTH EVERY PENNY! She is little mans favorite teether. We joke that she is his girlfriend because you will pretty much always see him with her in hand. If we loose her, better believe we are running out to the nearest retailer to replace her!

Her & Nicole
3 comments on "Our Favorites: 0-6 Month "
  1. i have the snap and go stroller! its so easy to put up and put down! I just wish I got the sit and stand stroller, since I have the newborn and the toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about Sophie! It's ridiculous that it's so expensive but I've heard good things about it, so I may break down and buy it. Oh, and I just bought that diaper bag, too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for linking up to the Mom-Lovin hop today! A lot of these things are my exact same faves from when my daughter was that age! We are just a bit ahead :) Look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete




Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature